You are looking for an interesting and challenging job in engineering analysis with the opportunity to expand and further your career?
As a recognized specialist in the area of finite element analysis, we provide our services to leading manufacturing companies worldwide. Come and join us.
In addition to a pleasant working environment and an interesting and challenging job, we offer the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with our international clients. Project management positions are available to suitable candidates.
If you are interested in joining our tem, please submit your application listing your academic qualifications and work experience.
CDH AG is an expanding engineering consultancy company with offices in Germany, Japan and the USA. As specialists in applied finite element analysis (FEM), CDH combines more than 30 years of structural analysis know-how with the latest in CAE technology. Our Vibration and Acoustics Competence Center in Stuttgart, Germany, provides our clients with expert services for component and full-vehicle noise and vibration design. Our portfolio includes a wide range of methodologies for optimization of vibrations and acoustics, CAE process development and automatization including the use of machine learning technology. Our state-of-the-art FEM related software products offer advanced analysis functionality and efficient solutions to complex NVH problems.
The Stuttgart based team “CAE method and software development” is looking for a “Method and Software Developer” in the field of Computational Aided Engineering with specialization on Vibration and Acoustics primarily using the finite element method (FEM).
The selected candidate may freely choose to work remote by home office or in our offices located in Ingolstadt and Stuttgart, Germany.
Engineering design and software development that focusses towards linear structural vibration and acoustic application of FEM analysis using Nastran. Develop robust, high-performance solutions leveraging the CDH’s reputation of delivering state of the art AMLS / FastFRS noise and vibration software that excels in both stability and performance. Primary and initial focus is on the further development of the existing interface between finite element solver Nastran and the AMLS / FastFRS solver modules using the Nastran DMAP language. Future opportunities to work on other solvers and numerical methods in the field of CAE is a possibility. Must be willing to interact with international clients to add new features, correct known code errors, develop project unit tests, and produce reliable and maintainable code using modern agile methodology.
- Perform design, implementation, system integration, documentation, and unit/system testing of the AMLS and FastFRS interface to the Nastran’s FEM solver (DMAP language)
- Support legacy analysis code in Nastran DMAP
- Project and technical management
- Author project and user documentation
- Correct defects in existing interfaces between AMLS and Nastran
- Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines
- Assist QA and Project Testing with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release
- Provide second-line support to CDH application/support engineers
- Assist and contribute to technical marketing and business development activities
- Advanced Graduate degree in Applied Mechanics, Structural Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Minimum 4 years’ related industry experience in using FEM Nastran software in the field of noise and vibration (NVH)
- Thorough understanding of time and frequency domain approaches for NVH analysis
- Strong background in numerical mathematics, most importantly in the field of linear algebra and numerical methods for finite element formulations
- Programming affinity in Python, C, C++ and Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of Nastran Direct Matrix Abstraction Program (DMAP) Language is considered extremely beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in developing capabilities from mathematical derivation to implementation
- Team leadership in architecting CAE programs
- Re-architecture of legacy software solutions and must be willing to dig in and improve and fix errors in legacy code
- Requires minimal instructions on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments
- Oral and written communication skills in English, required (German skills useful)
At CDH, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities in a premium specialist company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity. We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. We offer an interesting and challenging job, an attractive and competitive salary package, employee benefits and flexible working hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
CDH is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by German law.