High Fidelity FE Dummy Models for CAE Vehicle Safety Analysis
In 2017, by contractual agreement with ATD-MODELS GmbH, CDH AG acquired the rights to market, distribute and support the ATD-M350 Motorcyclist dummy in North America and Japan. ATD-MODELS GmbH is a specialist in the development of high-quality FE models for vehicle safety analysis. The company was founded in 2009 by experts with years of experience in dummy development and occupant-safety simulation. ATD-MODELS GmbH develops highly accurate FE models in close cooperation with the German and other world-wide automobile industry partners. ATD FE models are used in the virtual development process for occupant and pedestrian protection engineering calculations.
ATD-M350 - Motorcyclist Hybrid III 50% Male FE-Dummy Model
The ATD-M350 (Motorcyclist) is a FE-dummy development based on the ATD-H350 (Hybrid III 50% Male Dummy) dummy model, modified and validated to meet the ISO13232-3:2005 standard (Test and analysis procedures for research evaluation of rider crash protective devices fitted to motorcycles — Part 3: Motorcyclist anthropometric impact dummy).
The ATD-M350 contains modifications to dummy components to allow users to position the dummy more flexible. During the modelling, the asymmetry of the femoral components (flesh and bones) was taken into account.
The ATD-M350 is intended for simulations in the area of occupant safety assessment and supports seating positions that cannot be achieved with the 90-degree pelvis of the H350. In particular, ATM-350 offers articulation and positioning required for seating positions on a motorcycle. Finally, ATD-M350 is the optimal FE-dummy model to evaluate motorcyclist crash protection using LS-DYNA® and ABAQUS® FE solvers.
Some characteristics of the ATD-M350 are:
- Standing basin and separate, asymmetrical femoral meat
- upright lumbar spine
- modified neck
- adjustments to the scalp
- ATD-H350 numbering support
- Understanding the structure through realistic mapping of the geometries
- Occupant safety assessment of Motorcyclist
- ANSYS LS-DYNA®
- Dassault Systèmes ABAQUS®
- GNS Generator4
- Beta CAE Systems ANSA
- ANSYS LS-PrePost
- Altair HyperMesh
- Oasys PRIMER
ATD Models Features:
- High accuracy owing to physics-based modeling techniques
- FE models available for industry standard explicit FE codes ABAQUS*, LS-DYNA* and PAM-CRASH*
- Commonality of modeling standards for all dummy models
- Uniform discretization, nomenclature and numbering systems
- Same scripts for pre and post processing
- Same session file and application procedures
- Full utilization of code-specific features of each solver
Advantages to Users:
- Systematic title nomenclature refers to the assembly groups
- Prefix in each title description allows a fast adjustment to the nomenclature of the load case
- Numeration not overlapping the assembly groups
- Advantage in pre and post processing
- Allows selection of assembly parts and groups
- Each assembly group close defined for itself
- Definition regarding the master, e.g. contacts relate to the assembly group
* The trade names are the property of the owning companies.