CDH Detroit Inc. is a subsidiary of CDH AG, Germany, a supplier of CAE software and related engineering services to the automotive industry. In addition to its own software, CDH distributes and supports third party CAE products such as GNS Animator4, GNS Generator4, Sidact FEMZIP, FE-models of crash-barriers, crash test dummies and pedestrian protection impactors for vehicle safety simulation. The primary role of CDH Detroit Inc. is the marketing, sales and technical support of CDH and third party CAE products in North America (please visit our web page www.cdh-ag.com for detailed information).
To strengthen our business activities in the North American Region, we are very interested in applications from qualified candidates for the post of Technical Account Manager. This position would ideally suit a CAE engineer who desires to expand his or her career in the technical sales direction. We offer an interesting and challenging job, a good salary, company car and the possibility of appointment to CDH Detroit Inc. management level in the near future.
The selected candidate may choose to work remote in a home office in Michigan, or in our Bloomfield Hills location.
- Play a key role in commercial and technical activities, interfacing between our automobile industry clients and our Sales and Product Management team in Germany.
- Identify new business development opportunities in North America, prepare and submit sales plans and related reports as required.
- Develop relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales
- Perform regular follow-up communication with existing customers
- Present in-depth product demonstrations supported by CDH technical consultants and experts (on-site and via the web) tailored to the customers’ requirements
- Liaise with the Product Management team to maintain a detailed working knowledge of the application and development roadmap
- Ensure smooth transition of customers to the Solutions Delivery once customers license and use software products distributed by CDH.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Master’s degree a plus
- 5 years (or more) experience in account management or business development in the automotive industry focusing on CAE software and technical applications.
- Knowledge of CAE development process related to the noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) engineering and/or passive safety design vehicle development. Practical experience in the application of finite element analysis in automotive design development.
- Understanding of how individual software solutions create value and contributes to a potential client’s success
- Outstanding written and verbal communication (including presentation) skills are required
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
CDH is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.